Remember plasma TV’s? The all-too-expensive, thin, and fragile entertainment boxes sold for thousands of dollars 15-20 years ago? Back then, it seemed only the rich could afford such luxuries. Now, even larger and more durable home televisions are available everywhere — and at a price you can afford.
This is a good thing, right? Well…
If you don’t care about how your house looks and simply want to get your nightly Netflix on, absolutely. Bringing the movie theater to the comforts of your own home? That’s awesome. That said, most of us would agree that larger televisions can be gaudy eyesores when they’re turned off (televisions are, in essence, oversized black boxes the entire room works around). Worse, even, is how some people set these gigantic boxes — we’re talking 65 inch-plus screens — on small furniture pieces, turning what might have once been a cozy space into a crammed nightmare.
Many people rely on the classic plasma wall mount to avoid this issue but doing so locks you into a single location for years to come. What if you want to reconfigure the room in six months? What if the finished product ends up slightly unlevel? Not to mention the cost and labor that comes with hanging such equipment.
Enter the modern entertainment console, a new-age fashion trend taking homes by storm.
Entertainment Consoles and the Furniture World Post-Pandemic
Grand Home Furnishings understands just how much of an impact COVID-19 made on the furniture industry. While people were stuck at home for months obtaining stimulus checks, they spent money on lavish items — like big-screen televisions — to pass the time at home in luxury. This truth, coupled with a sudden need for updated furniture, made the home entertainment furnishings market skyrocket. In fact, the need for entertainment furniture increased by almost 21% from 2020 to 2021, over double the need from 2019-2020.
It's a trend that’s sticking, too. Now more than ever, customers are recognizing the value in upgrading the television stands and entertainment consoles. These focal areas can make or break living room furniture, no matter how beautiful the sofas, chairs, loveseats, and other décor may be.
See What’s In-Stock at Grand Home Furnishings
When next you purchase a new television, or if you’re simply in the market to spruce up your living room, consider some of these stands and consoles before buying:
- Aruba Sky Blue TV Stand: This gorgeous solid mango wood stand boasts an antique finish, hand-turned legs, and a distressed, hand-rubbed technique to solidify the finish quality for years to come. At 70-inches wide and 19-inches deep, it’ll fit in most living spaces while also housing even the larger, name-brand televisions.
- Capri Green Finish Console: As beautiful as the Aruba Sky Blue stand but oh-so different. Add a splash of color to your room with this solid-pine piece that can accommodate televisions up to 75-inches large. It also includes four easy-access swing doors for storage. This one’s a must have.
- Manning Espresso TV Stand & Fireplace Insert: Stay warm all winter long with a classy, practical addition to your living room. With a saw-cut espresso finish, this television stand includes a fireplace insert that heats rooms up to 1,000 square feet with ease. This stand also has the capacity to handle televisions up to 80-inches and 155 lbs., includes a remote control for the fireplace insert, comes with tip-resistant hardware to help prevent unforeseen accidents, and several multi-media shelves with pass-through holes for entertainment cables.
Oh, and if espresso isn’t your color, try the antique white media mantel version with sliding barn doors for all your rustic desires.
- 50” RTA Console: Affordable? Check. Modern? Check. Rustic? Check. Open concept? Check. You may be wondering, “how can one piece be all of these things?” Just check it out and see for yourself. The RTA console is a perfect solution for bedrooms, basements, and smaller main-floor areas where you’re looking to draw some extra attention. The curved, wooden legs are modern while the warm wooden base remains classic. Throw in the black tempered glass shelves and you’ve got yourself a sure-fire hit.
- Desert Cobblestone 4-Piece Entertainment Center: Looking for something a little larger? Say no more. The classic look of yesteryear is back with this entertainment center featuring a left bookcase, TV console, a right bookcase, and a top bridge. It’s giant, it’s unique, and it’s elegant. More than ever, we believe you deserve something this beautiful in your home.
For more information on what Grand Home Furnishings offers compared to other furniture and mattress shops, visit us in-store at one of our 17 locations in Virginia (Bristol, Charlottesville, Christiansburg, Harrisonburg, Lynchburg, Roanoke - Tanglewood & Valley View, Waynesboro, Wise, Winchester), West Virginia (Beckley, Lewisburg, Martinsburg, Princeton), and Tennessee (Johnson City, Kingsport), or shop with us online at https://www.grandhf.com/.